Favorite Things: Museums
Joseph and I are both suckers for museums of all
shapes, sorts and sizes. As do all museum aficionados, we have our
particularly cherished museums, experiences and works. Here are
just a few of mine (although it's hard to pick just a few!):
d'Historia de la Ciutat, Barcelona, Spain.
- An underground museum of Roman excavations. Remarkable
elevated museum design.
Louvre, Paris, France.
- Joe and I have spent a cumulative five days of
our lives in this amazing place, but will need a lifetime to explore
it all. Perhaps Joe is starting to feel a little too comfortable
Frick Collection, NY
- If I had to pick just one NY Museum, I guess
this would be it.The former residence of Henry Clay Frick (1849-1919),
it's all too easy to imagine this museum as your own (rather magnificent)
Calvet, Avignon, France
- My idea of the perfect museum, architecturally,
spatially, artwise. Brilliant layout.
- Getting kicked out of the
MOMA (well, one exhibit, anyway) for laughing.
- Seeing the Treasures of Tutankhamen exhibit as
a child in 1976, at the NY Metropolitan
Museum of Art.
- Getting stuck in the Louvre past closing time
due to lightning storm: